Greetings everyone! I’m sorry I haven’t posted anything in a while. The first two or three weeks of January are the busiest time of year at my day job. Considering how busy my day job usually is, that’s saying something. I’m going to take some time off from posting in order to recover from the stress, but I should start posting stories and articles again here soon. I’m going to aim for the first week of February, but don’t be surprised if I miss that mark.
I did want to mention a couple of things while I have your attention though:
- I’m still planning on starting my series of political articles called “Screaming At The Sky”. I was going to wait until after the 2018 Midterm Elections, but the midterms kind of turned into The Election That Would Never End (which sounds like a good name for a horror story now that I think about it). I’ll probably post the first article around President’s Day instead.
- “Wrong Or Mostly Wrong?” (God I hate that title) will return as well. I’m going to try to post an article for Groundhog’s Day, but once again don’t be surprised if I miss that mark. I would have written one for Martin Luther King Junior Day, but I couldn’t think of any funny ideas. Also, I’m a middle-aged white man, so poking fun at one of the men that helped improve the lives of millions of black Americans wouldn’t be appropriate. I guess I could have used the opportunity to make fun of the people that are trying to take away the rights of black Americans, but I didn’t think of that idea until just now.
- The regular fiction (now sorted in the “Short Fiction” category) will get some new posts as well, but probably not at the same rate as I was posting before. It all depends on how quickly the ideas come to me.
- If I don’t get more ideas for short stories, I’ll probably start posting chapters from the book(s) I’m working on. I may end up writing short stories with the characters from those books if I get an idea that doesn’t quite fit in said books.
- Finally, I may start posting poetry on this blog, assuming I can get back into the habit of writing it. I used to be fairly good at poetry when I was younger, so I’m hoping I can get back in the groove.
That’s about all I had to say for right now. I hope to have some stories and articles for you all soon. In the meantime, I hope you all have a Happy 2019 and a Happy Martin Luther King Junior Day!